Pages

BrilovesMakeup

Welcome to BrilovesMakep! Business Inqueries contact me at:

BrilovesMakeup23@yahoo.com

Sunday, October 12, 2014

Covergirl Hello Gorgeous Foundation Review

Hello beauties! It's time!!...for the Covergirl Hello Gorgeous Makeup Review! Finally. So, I know in my original haul picture I posted two foundations that I purchased, but being that I have been self tanning lately I've only used the darker of the two so far, number 305. 
Let's start out with what it promises on the package: 
- One simple step for a flawless, natural look that lasts all day. 
- Blends evenly into skin tone and reduces shine all day. 
- Oil Free
- Won't clog pores
- Suitable for sensitive skin
Ok, so I was super excited for this product as I do have very oily skin. When I wear foundation I either have to wear a thin layer, or I need a foundation specifically formulated for oily skin. This one is oil free. 
  First thing I noticed upon opening the package was the smell. The smell to this foundation is not a very chemically one at all which is super! Let me post a before photo before using the foundation. 
Why am I in a towel? Alrighty, well obviously I had just gotten out of the shower and I also happened to be trying out a self tanner for another blog and decided to shoot two birds with one stone with this picture. 
Why is my face so shiny? Yeah, I also have a face mask on. Back to business. 

I applied the foundation over top of my normal routine of toner, moisturizer, and face primer. I also used a large flat top kabuki brush from Elf. It did seem to blend well with the brush, but this foundation is a little on the thick side so I did notice brush strokes. I feel this foundation would definitely be better applied with a beauty blender or sponge, however mine is missing in action so that was not an option for me. No chemically smell on my face which is a plus. As far as coverage I would say light to medium coverage but it was definitely buildable. I applied two layers. 

Here is a photo I took right after applying the rest of my makeup. I did a subtle contour so you could really see the color of the foundation. I did set it with Rimmel Stay Matte translucent powder. And so all that's left is the test of time. Will it hold up?
 
This photo is taken after about 6 hours of wear. Hard to tell from the photo as my lighting is a bit off. My face is a bit shiny in the normal T-zone area, but nothing drastic. I did not apply any more powder on my face as a touch up throughout the day, so this is straight foundation. Not too shabby I must say. 

So, would I repurchase? Yes. I feel I would repurchase this product because it definitely held up to its standards to me. It would not be a product I would wear in summer as it is a bit thick. But, overall a winner from Covergirl! 

Xoxo Stay beautiful Beauties

No comments:

Post a Comment